Visit Our Office
You can also obtain the birth/death record from the city or county health department where the event occurred. Fees and operating hours vary.
Ohio Department of Health
Office of Vital Statistics
225 Neilston Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Same day service is available in our downtown Columbus location to walk-in customers from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The office is closed on state holidays. While our office strives to provide counter service within 20 minutes, we cannot guarantee same-day issuance for any orders placed after 4:30 p.m. You may request a later date to return for the copy, or it will be mailed from our office and delivered to you in approximately one week.
- The required fee for each certified record is $21.50 . Click here to type into and print our application form.
- We accept cash, check, or money orders (in U.S. funds);
- Credit cards accepted include American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa. No service fees will be added.
- Vital record copies issued from this office may be exchanged at this office, free of additional charges within one year of the issuance date.
- Refunds will be processed in the form of a check via postal mail, regardless of the initial payment type.
- Click here to review frequently asked questions on vital records.
Free customer parking is available in the parking lot at the corner of Spring Street and Neilston Street. The spaces are marked with white signs for Vital Statistics customers. There is also free one-hour parking offered on Neilston Street and various coin meters throughout the area. Click here to review general directions to our office in downtown Columbus.
Notice: Please be advised that fees, available records, and information on this website is subject to change without notice.
Last updated: 05/09/2013